Make Your Bathroom Revnovation Pay!
When people normally think of updating their bathroom they think of time consuming and costly renovations. While making costly renovation will certainly update your bathroom you do not have to spend that much money to make your bathroom look like a completely different and updated bathroom, by simply making small changes to certain areas in your bathroom you can have a quick and easy style update.
Before you start with updating make sure to de-clutter anything that is old and worn out. Throw out anything that is expired or just taking up space in your cabinets. It is always good to start with a clean slate.
- New Bathroom Accessories – Purchase new accessories such as toilet brush holder, storage bins, soap dishes and toothbrush holders. Choose something out of the ordinary. The clean lines and simplicity of these accessories will add interest without overpowering the space.
- Shower Curtain – Choose a pattern that will add visual interest to your space, such as large print (geometric or floral). If you do not like colour try to find something that is just as appealing in black and white to add a clean and classic alternative.
- Cabinet Hardware – Unique handles add your own personal touch to your bathroom rather then just the standard metal ones. Glass or acrylic handles can add a touch of class to your cabinets without replaces the whole cabinet.
- Bath Mats – Find a mat that is easy to clean. One that is made from treated wood that can withstand water and dirt. This will bring an element of individuality to your bathroom.
- Fresh Towels – This may sound simple but when you buy new towels and hang them in your bathroom they will make a huge difference in the overall appearance. Since towels are used so often they lose their colour and shape rather quickly so replacing them ever so often is a good idea.
- Paint Colours – A fresh coat of paint can rejuvenate a space. Since bathrooms are normally smaller in size you do not have to be afraid to use bold colours on your walls. Crisp blues and greens are really good to make the room look fresh and clean.
- Paint the Vanity – If you live in an older home your vanities will probably be painted wood vanities with storage. If your budget does not allow you to change the whole vanity, then you can paint it a new colour, something light that will contrast against the bring colour of the walls.
- Sophisticated Soaps – The delicate scent of soaps can create a fragrant aroma in the room without being overpowering.
- Small Occasional Chair – An occasional chair neatly tucked into a corner is another great way to introduce colour into your space. If the chair has fabric try and make sure they co-ordinates with the shower curtain and paint colours.
- Artwork – Create a bold artistic statement by adding an interesting piece of artwork to an otherwise blank wall. Choose one special accent is a great way to tie the entire room together. Something with a graphic pattern that is neutral enough to withstand changing colour schemes.
This article was revised from yourhome.ca.
Thousand of our clients save everyday. They know the value of having a Mortgage Broker to get the low rate and great terms they deserve. To join them, Apply today