The lazy days of summer are here and with them come plenty of ways to spend. Here are some easy tips that can help you maximize enjoyment while minimizing how much you spend!
1. Budget it. set a budget for what you plan to do this summer and stick to it. If you have a plan and write it down you are less likely to go into unexpected debt by overusing your credit card.
2. Head to the library. Get your summer reading material at the library. Reading is a great cost-effective way to fill the hours! Libraries also often have free programs for families.
3. Shop second hand. Going to garage sales or flea markets in the summer can be a fun way to explore and spend your morning. If you need to buy something this summer start your search here.
4. Perfect the potluck. Make your your own signature dish and get guests to bring a favourite of their own, allowing them to share in the cost and effort of your backyard meal.
5. Pack a lunch. Make it part of the experience of a car trip or excursion Find a picnic spot to enjoy your home Ade goodies, and bring your snacks instead of buying expensive convenience store items. Also plan brown-bag it at work.
6. Drop it. Spend more time outdoors and drop your cable and gym membership for the summer..
7. Cut cooling costs. Set the temperature just one degree higher, and be mindful if electricity costs are higher during certain parts of the day. Open the windows at night, and close the blinds during the day. On hot days, skip the hot stove. Replace your AC filters.
8. Find free local fun. Check out your local events calendar. There are plenty of free or low-cost local offerings that you are sure to enjoy.
9. Snap up those souvenirs. The best summer souvenirs are often the photos. Skip the souvenir shops; take more pictures instead.
10. Create breathing room. If you have enough equity, take advantage of your low cost funds to refinance your mortgage if you have a large upcoming expense. Or perhaps you need to roll large amounts of credit card debt into your mortgage, a simple strategy that can save you thousands, give you one manageable payment and help you be mortgage free sooner.
For more information on your mortgage needs, contact the team at Mortgage Intelligence-Oshawa at 1.866.452.1100 or visit us at www.mimortgage.ca. Now kick back and really enjoy your summer!